- Fast & Free - Build & Test your app for free, and download it to your smartphone in seconds
- No coding - Design your app visually online with drag and drop wizards
- Go Native or Web - Native Apps can use all the native on-device resources. Web Apps work on most device browsers
- Easy Data Access - Access back-end data to and from your device, including Google Spreadsheets, without coding
- Design Once, Run Everywhere - Native Apps run on iPhones & Android phones. Web Apps run on both phones and tablets
Why do I need a Mobile Business App?
Businesses need to create mobile business apps to increase customer engagement and employee productivity, moving beyond the web sites, email and social marketing they now use. This requires putting company data into the hands of users. ViziApps enables mobile access to company data with a no-coding data manager. Make your data available on your mobile apps from Google spreadsheets, QuickBase and web services
What is ViziApps?
ViziApps is an online service for creating mobile apps using drag-and-drop wizards. With ViziApps, nearly anyone with business skills can create and deploy mobile apps without coding including data management. And they can build those mobile apps at a small fraction of the cost and time than it would take to create comparable custom engineered apps.
How good a mobile app can ViziApps really create without coding?
With ViziApps you can:
- Create as many pages as you like
- Put any of our 18 fields anywhere on a page.
- Re-size, re-format, re-position and edit all fields in many ways
- Access web data sources easily without coding including Google Spreadsheets, QuickBase, web services and databases.
- Read tags with near field communications on mobile devices that support this feature
- Start actions from button taps. The following are available:
- Go to a page
- If/Then Go to a page
- Go to a previous page
- Get or send device data via a web data source
- Popup a web page
- Capture signatures
- Record and play audio
- Call phone number
- Email message
- Text message
- Share a message through Facebook, Twitter or Email
- Take a photo
- Create in-app mobile commerce with credit card swiper
- Start actions from Table row taps . The following are available:
- Go to a page
- Go to a page named in a hidden field of the selected row
- If/Then Go to a page
- Go to a previous page
- Select multiple rows
- Call phone number
- Email message
- Text message
- Share a message through Facebook, Twitter or Email
- Assign table values in the designer or load the values from web data sources
- Use our Storyboard to show you the context of your app
- Share your design with PDF files
What platforms/devices can ViziApps apps run on?
ViziApps supports both iOS and Android based mobile apps for smartphones and tablets.
How much does it cost to build an app with ViziApps?
It's absolutely free to set up, design and test an app. You don't enter a credit card number to sign up. When you are ready to provision your native app, there is a one-time $99.00 submission fee to launch on each platform (i.e., iOS or Android). For publishing apps check out our pricing.
Do I need to download anything to my computer to use ViziApps?
No. All you need is a browser and an Internet connection. ViziApps supports Firefox 10+, Internet Explorer 9+, Google Chrome 12.0+, or Opera 11+. An Apple iOS Developer Account is needed to submit iOS apps to the Apple App Store, as well as an Android Market Developer account for Google Play app submissions.
How long does it take to set up my ViziApps account?
You can set up your own ViziApps account in less than a minute and at no cost. You don't need a credit card to sign up and start building mobile apps.
How long does it take to create and launch my app?
You can create your app in as little as a few hours. Once you have created your app, just follow the instructions for publishing it. You can publish your ViziApps web app immediately, using the url or the QR Code ViziApps creates for you. If you want to publish your app in a public app marketplace, you will need to submit your app to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store (formerly Android Market). These will require you to register for a developer's license. We will provide you with the file to use to submit your app to each store. Once you have submitted your mobile app, the Apple approval process can take up to 2 weeks. The Android approval is usually complete within hours.
How easy is it to design my own mobile app?
If you know how to create a PowerPoint presentation and build spreadsheets, you can build a mobile app using the ViziApps Studio. Its visual display canvas combined with simple drag-and-drop wizards make it easy to use for everyone. If you do need assistance, our support team can help.
Can I upgrade my app once it’s launched?
Absolutely! We understand that your content is essential to your business needs. And we all know how quickly content and user needs can change. So update your app as needed, hourly, daily, weekly, or whenever it makes sense for your business. Keep in mond that updating your app is free! And your changes show up on the app for your users automatically, without any manual intervention.
Can ViziApps create my app for me, or perhaps some part of it?
Yes. ViziApps can build your mobile business app for you. Contact ViziApps Sales, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for a Professional Services quote.
How do I publish my ViziApps web apps?
Publishing web apps you create with ViziApps is easy and fast. ViziApps automatically generates the url link and a QR Code you can use to publish your app – on your website, in your blog, or in your electronic or printed marketing materials.
What are my options for publishing my ViziApps app in the Apple App Store and Google Play?
For Google Play Store publishing:
- Get your own Android account.
- When you provision your app for publishing, we email you the .apk file so you can publish it on Google Play. Apps submitted to Google Play do not need approval and are typically posted within one day.
- You obtain an Apple Developer Account. When acquiring your account, choose the Company Developer type. You do not need engineering skills to acquire this license.
- You invite ViziApps as an admin of your developer team.
- If your app is a paid app, you set up a merchant account with Apple for paid apps.
- Follow our steps in ViziApps to provision your app (no coding) on a PC or Mac. There is a one-time submission fee of $99 per app.
- When you provision your app for publishing, we send you the app upload in a zip file.
- You then submit that file for your mobile app to Apple for review. iPhone and iPad apps published in the App Store must be approved by Apple prior to being released.
- Get an Apple Enterprise license: See Apple Developer Program
- Get the final upload .ipa file from ViziApps from ViziApps’s enterprise license (unsigned compilation).
- Distribute the app with your Apple enterprise license any way you want to employees and partners per Apple license terms. No Apple review of the app is required.
What are the steps for getting my ViziApps app into the Apple App Store?
With ViziApps Studio, your development and testing do not require an Apple Developer Account. You develop directly on ViziApps Studio and test directly on your device using the ViziApp App.
However, before you can publish an app to the Apple Store, you will need an Apple Developer Account. You can apply here: http://developer.apple.com
No technical skills are required to apply. The cost is $99/yr.
Apple will also ask you to submit your company’s tax information, bank account information and agree to their current contracts. Apple needs this information to make payments to you.
Your account should be set up in 2-3 weeks.Prepare for Publishing
Before your app is uploaded, you will need to fill out all of the information that Apple requests about your app. This includes screenshots, version information, marketing description, and support contact information. This must be completed before we submit your app.
All apps submitted to Apple go through a review process. Apple is very strict about app requirements. You should review their guidelines here and design your app accordingly: https://developer.apple.com/appstore/resources/approval/guidelines.htmlTo complete the pre-submittal work:
- Navigate to the iTunes Connect area within the iOS Development Center.
- Go to the Manage Your Apps page and click Add New App.
- Fill out the forms describing your company and application.
- Upload the 512 × 512 pixel icon and your application screenshots.
Fill out the ViziApps publishing form on the Publish page in the ViziApps Studio. You’ll need to fill in:
- The name of your published app
- Transfer your test app design to the published app design
- The number of users
- The Application icon (512 x 512 pixels in JPG format)
- Splash Image (320 x 460 pixels in JPG format)
Then, purchase a ViziApps service plan and submit the form to us. There is a one-time submission fee of $99 per app.Submitting the App to iTunes Connect
ViziApps will prepare your iPhone Application (.ipa) file. (Note: we will need your developer account credentials. For security, we recommend that you change your password before giving it to us; then change it again after your app is submitted.)
Remember, you'll need to fill out the required forms on the iTunes Connect site before we submit the application to Apple. For a detailed description see http://developer.apple.com/news/pdf/ASQR_Assigning_Keywords.pdf
We then upload and submit your app to Apple for review. iPhone apps published in the App Store must be approved by Apple prior to being released which takes 5-10 days. Your service fee only begins after your app has been approved.
How do I set the security of Network Data that my app uses?
Your ViziApps design for your app sets the links between your app running on the device and your backend data, which can be accessed and managed via Google Docs Spreadsheets, QuickBase, or web services. ViziApps does not handle or see your data, or that of your app’s users. You control the security of your backend data. You can do that via an SSL connection from the mobile device and your firewall.
Is my use of Google Apps for Business and Google Docs Spreadsheets secure?
First, there is a big difference between using Google Apps for Business and Google Docs Spreadsheets. Google Apps for Busness provides you with secure Single Sign-On (SSO) to ViziApps. You do NOT need to share your spreadsheet publicly as you would if you were only using Google Docs Spreadsheets. This has a few key benefits and considerations:
- You maintain secure access to your data, because you can log in through your account without using any password. This prevents ViziApps from knowing your Google account password, while still allowing your mobile app to access your data.
- Since ViziApps cannot use your Google Apps for Business password, and testing your app on smartphones requires an account password, we provide you with a special password to use just for testing your app on smartphones. This is emailed to you in the welcome email.
- When a device accesses your spreadsheet for Google Apps for Business accounts, the request passes through our servers, because our domain is the only domain authorized to access your data for security purposes for Google Apps for Business accounts.
- If a user who is not authorized to use your apps tries to sign on, the app will not run.
- Also, a downloaded app is only counted as a production user for that app if a person successfully logs in to that app.
Can I test run my app using an emulator?
Yes, you can preview your hybrid app right on-line.
What is the approval process for my app?
Apps submitted to the Apple Store must go through an approval process prior to release. You can expect this process to take up to two weeks. An Android app submitted to the Google Play does not go through the same approval process, and the app will usually be available within a day.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up right here!
Customers download the mobile apps created with ViziApps from the various app stores. Do they also have to download the ViziApps app?
No, customers download only your branded mobile business app and do not see "ViziApps" anywhere. They do not download the ViziApps app.
How are you tracking how many users are using the app or are you tracking downloads?
You can add user tracking with Google Analytics in our custom HTML header. Also, the Apple and Google markets track the downloads.
What if my question wasn’t answered here?
Why should I use ViziApps?
ViziApps provides the easiest, fastest, and most economical way to create native and web mobile apps that can access your company data. The tool allows you to build apps for use on the iPhone, iPad, and Android smartphones and tablets.
If I develop an app with ViziApps, who owns the app?
You continue to own your intellectual property: your data, logo, brand, and other intellectual property, as well as any data your users provide directly when using the App.
ViziApps retains ownership of ViziApps intellectual property and the processes and resources that ViziApps provides and controls in any display, delivery and capture of data but not the data itself. ViziApps does not own back end resources or processes that a Customer provides and controls. If the Customer terminates the service, ownership does not change from what was owned before or during the Customer‘s service.
ViziApps does not provide compiled code to customers.
Why should I consider building a hybrid mobile app?
A hybrid mobile app provide the advantages of native and web technologies in a single application. To users, hybrid apps are like native apps, in that they can take advantage of device features, such as the camera and GPS. And they are distributed through an app market, like the Apple App Store or Google Play, for installation on a mobile device.
But unlike native apps, hybrid apps also seamlessly integrate web content and add web features where needed with coded extensions. As a result, hybrid apps provide the flexibility for mobile business apps to access web content and integrate advanced functionality, such as that needed for mobile games and complex app logic..
Key advantages of ViziApps hybrid mobile apps include:
The power of HTML5 across devices. Now, you can easily integrate rich HTML content with native feature access and control. Because HTML5 is supported on all major device browsers, ViziApps hybrid apps look the same on all supported devices. For instance, the picker function, which allows a user to select among different options, like times and dates, looks different using the native controls for Android and iOS. On Android the picker is a drop-down while on iOS the picker is a large spinner. With ViziApps hybrid apps, the picker works the same way on iOS and Android devices. On both tablets and smartphones, the picker functionality is provided in a drop-down menu. HTML5 also offers a wide range of design options and enables third-party web plug-ins, expanding the ways you can distinguish your apps' appearance.
Faster Page Transitions. For very complex apps, with 10+ pages and 50+ fields, hybrid apps provide faster page transitions. Greater responsiveness means an enhanced user experience.
With ViziApps, you can build a hybrid mobile business app with robust data access using a drag-and-drop approach, without coding.
To download ViziApps on an Android phone:
- Before you download ViziApps to your phone, first create an online ViziApps account to use our ViziApps Studio. Then prepare a template app in your account to try it out and select that app for testing on the provision page. This will enable you to run the app on your phone.
- On the Android phone, in the applications listing, tap Google Play. Your phone must support Android V. 2.2+ to work with ViziApps. If you cannot find it in Google Play download it here.
- Tap the search button.
- Enter ViziApps.
- Follow the rest of the instructions to install ViziApps on the phone.
- To see your template app running on your phone, open ViziApps on the phone and log in with the same credentials as your ViziApps Studio account credentials. If you have selected an app for testing on the Publish page of our ViziApps Studio then that app will be downloaded to your phone and run immediately.